Thursday, February 26, 2009

This is a view of Segovia from the top of the aqueduct. I love this picture because you can clearly see the mountain range in the background. Segovia lies in the middle of the Sierra de Guadarrama mountain range in the north of central Spain. The highest peak of this mountain range is called Penalara and reaches an astonishing 2,428 m above sea level (and for the rest of us Americans out there, that is 7,965 ft). The entire range stretches in a southwest-northeast direction and spans 80 km in length. Segovia itself has been a great place to study, I could not have chosen a better city myself.  When the language is overwhelming, and the school work is frustrating me, I just look around me and remember how lucky I am to be in this amazing city (that just happens to be a World Heritage Site as well). From the aqueduct, to the alcazar, to the cathedral, Segovia never ceases to amaze me. No matter how many times I walk, or stumble, down the cobblestone streets, I can't imagine myself ever getting tired of the scenery around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment