Thursday, February 26, 2009


This is one of the castles that we visited on our last excursion. It is called Castillo de Coca and is located the town of Coca which is within the province of Segovia. It was constructed in the fifteenth century and is considered one of Spain's best examples of gothic-mudejar architecture. This was my favorite castle of the day (however Pedraza was my favorite place of the day, for the scenery rather than the castle). There were more hallways and passageways than I knew what to do with. Walking through this castle really made me feel like I had been transported back in time to the Middle Ages. It was the definition of what a Spanish/European castle should be. When I came to Spain, the first things on my list of things to see were castles. This excursion went above and beyond my expectations and enabled me to mark that off my list. As the first stop on our trip that day, it was quite hard to top this site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment