Sunday, February 8, 2009

These buildings were really neat. I saw them as I arrived in Madrid on the train on the way to the Real Madrid soccer game. I don't know the city that well, considering I've only been there twice, but from what I have seen these are the most modern-looking of any of the buildings I saw. It is an interesting comparison. These two, and the older buildings in downtown Madrid around La Puerta del Sol and Gran Via. The buildings that date back centuries have an obvious, elegant and aged kind of beauty. And it's because of those buildings that Madrid, and other European cities, are visted by residents of the United States year-round. There are buildings in Madrid older than our country. But sometimes it's overlooked that it is still a big city, a big, modern city that has the same technologies we possess in the United States.  So, when I saw these buildings, I wanted to take a picture because it showed that even the most modern of buildings in Madrid are still spetacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment